LOCATION: 101 COLUMBUS STREET, AUBURN, NEW YORK 13021
Manage the assigned blow molding shifts in a way that meets and ultimately exceeds jointly established objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Actively manage the molding processes to verify compliance with customer demands and priorities including, but not limited to:
- Communicating daily updates on equipment and production status
- Advising appropriate personnel for correction of manufacturing issues through application of sound problem solving processes
- Oversee corrective actions related to molding processes resulting from customer complaints or systemic molding problems
- Oversee and review of production standards for assigned shifts, including following all levels of leader standard work defined
- Implement issued production scheduling, staffing, machine maintenance
- Attending all operations leadership team and scheduling meetings while leading/attending one on one and shift meetings
Lead continuous improvement in order to meet or exceed improvement and V2 goals including, but not limited to:
- Development of high caliber leadership by defining qualified backups and overseeing the performance development process for all direct reports
- Development of a fully engaged, high energy, fully flexible workforce, with improved morale
- Monitoring, analysis, reporting and reacting to daily (and monthly) efficiency downtime and quality & other visual/written reports
- Create a focus on visual metrics while continually evaluating those metrics for impact on the shift
- Leading and participating on continuous improvement teams
Requires Associates degree preferred Management and 3 years experience in manufacturing environment.
Six years of successful experience in similar positions will be considered.
Thorough understanding of mold construction, plastics processing, materials, assembly, SPC, and computers is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Promote the Continuous Improvement Process (V2) using lean, GMP and advanced scientific molding technologies.
- Available for 24 hr. assistance if needed.
Direct supervision responsibilities over lead operators, technicians to include hiring and disciplinary action, promotion recommendations; planning and checking work, and providing training in methods. Indirectly involved in hiring and disciplining decisions regarding production employees.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand and walk. Ability to reach, pull, push and lift objects. Ability to use fingers, grasp, feel and perform repetitive motions. Ability to talk and hear.
Ability to understand & use molding and auxiliary machinery, general office equipment, and inspection equipment.
SAFETY, PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Safety requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, eye protection when on the production floor and in the tool room. Employees must follow any additional safety requirements as posted in specific job areas.
The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
The employee is subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mist.
The employee is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
Moderate mental and visual attention when working with & around office, manufacturing & auxiliary support equipment.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, visual metrics, SPC software & charts. Ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints & other personnel situations in a professional manner. Ability to schedule, develop itinerary, & lead/facilitate shift meetings. Ability to effectively present information to management.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.