LOCATION: 101 COLUMBUS STREET, AUBURN, NEW YORK 13021
Self-motivated employee responsible for all technical aspects of the production floor.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Additional duties may be assigned)
Perform the following in support of production under minimal supervision:
- Maintain a safety, accident free environment to drive the zero accidents goal.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance to the Health and Safety policy 6.4.1.
- Follow standard work and standard practices to perform full changeovers and start-ups from last part to first acceptable part in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause corrections on molds, electric & hydraulic molding machines, support equipment, inspection equipment & all downstream equipment.
- Perform Daily’s and Weekly’s as required.
- Issue maintenance requests and red tags as required.
- Perform all activities to drive the zero defect goal.
- Understand molecular theory to drive proper troubleshooting.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of machines, equipment, and surrounding areas.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to reduce downtime, scrap, and other wastes.
- Perform all tasks according to OSHA, ISO, FDA, cGMP, & all other applicable standards.
- Support lean and continuous improvement initiatives, including pillar team activities.
- Assist or lead samples as requested from engineering.
- Monitor processes and setting to ensure jobs are running according to the MPS.
- Monitor part quality to ensure parts are running within QA and customer requirements.
- Use the training checklist to drive proactive training initiatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDS:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Equivalent previous work experience directly related to this position is not a requirement but is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a safe, professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Promote safety, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Be a positive member of the team.
- Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Excellent attention to detail.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Moderate mental, audio, and visual attention required for performing manual work, machine operation, set-up, inspection, and adjustments that require decisions to detect and adjust for variance from proper operation.
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach. Ability to stand and walk, particularly for extended periods of time. Ability to lift objects. Ability to use fingers, grasp, feel and perform repetitive motions. Ability to talk and hear.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES & SOFTWARE USED:
Ability to use hand tools, power tools, measuring equipment, secondary equipment, overhead crane, forklift, and general office equipment.
SAFETY, PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Safety requirements for this position include but are not limited to eye and ear protection when on the production floor and in the tool room.
Employees must follow any additional safety requirements for various tasks. Additional safety equipment includes, but not limited to heat resistant gloves, face shield, and safety harness. Perform all responsibilities in compliance to the Health and Safety policy 6.4.1.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this position.
The employee is subject to noise sufficient to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
The employee is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such proximity to moving mechanical parts, electric current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
The employee is subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
The employee is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general reference periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of department heads and managers, clients and members of the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to interpret bar graphs. Ability to read blueprints and understand tolerances. Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints.