LOCATION: 101 COLUMBUS STREET, AUBURN, NEW YORK 13021
Highly motivated person with a background in product development and engineering focus to join the Product Development team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Additional duties may be assigned)
Operate various computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks to plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs for new products including, but not limited to:
Perform other design related computer management functions including but not limited to providing support to Engineering, Business Development and Operations teams in support of the product development process.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDS:
• Associates (Bachelor’s preferred) degree in mechanical engineering or related field
• 2-5 years of experience working in engineering
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
• Must be self-motivated and a great team worked
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience designing mechanical systems and products
• Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems
• Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks®, AutoCAD® or similar
• Exceptional technical and problem solving skills and reasoning ability
• Excellent attention to detail
• Promote the Quality Improvement Process
• Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner
The mechanical engineer does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Moderate mental and visual attention required for performing manual work, machine operation, set-up, inspection, and adjustments that require decisions to detect and adjust for variance from proper operation.
Exerts up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use fingers, talk and hear.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES & SOFTWARE USED:
This position requires the regular use of general office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, printer, copier, fax machine, and telephone. Occasionally use measurement instruments and tools.
Computer Software: SolidWorks®, Office Professional, PDM Works and AutoCAD® software. Microsoft® Office.
SAFETY, PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Safety requirements for this position include but are not limited to eye protection when on the production floor and in the tool room. Employees must follow any additional safety requirements as posted in specific job areas.
Work is performed in a typical office work environment with occasional production floor and tool room exposure.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general reference periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of department heads and managers, clients and members of the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to interpret bar graphs plus ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.