LOCATION: 101 COLUMBUS STREET, AUBURN, NEW YORK 13021
Material Planners ensure the steady flow of materials necessary for operating a manufacturing line. They maintain an adequate supply of raw materials, utilizing limited storage space, without over-ordering or wasting resources. Material Planners act as liaisons between manufacturing and other departments. They review project plans, schedules and additional information to determine timelines and necessary materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Additional duties may be assigned)
• Schedule usage of production materials to ensure optimal production levels
• Monitor material supply flow and identify any shortages or bottlenecks in usage
• Managing inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations
• Work with Shipping Coordinator to ensure product is received at offsite warehouse in time for OTIF delivery to customer.
• Identify and resolve problems relating to inventory
• Coordinating with other departments regarding production goals, timelines
• Address issues regarding quality and production
• Produce reports based on findings and performance of production
• Manage deadlines based on project expectations
• Ensure axillary equipment is available and planned for
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
• Promote the Continuous Improvement Process (V2) using lean and GMP practices.
• Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
• Ability to professionally handle stressful/challenging situations.
• Ability to motivate people, assess, and develop employee skills.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Strong analytical and decision making skills.
• Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
• Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
• Prior experience as a material planner in the industry preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
• Strong regard for product quality and safety standards
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• Meticulous and diligent
• Able to sit, stand and move around for long hours at a time
• Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools.
• Available for 24 hr. assistance if needed.
The Material Planner has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand and walk. Ability to reach, pull, push and lift objects. Ability to use fingers, grasp, feel and perform repetitive motions. Ability to talk and hear.
Ability to use general office equipment including, but not limited to a computer, printer, copier, telephone, fax machine and digital camera. Some Information Technology (IT) responsibility as it relates to manufacturing software, and the purchase of IT capital.
SAFETY, PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Safety requirements for this position include, but are not limited to eye protection and hearing protection when on the production floor and in the tool room. Employee must follow any additional safety requirements as posted in specific job areas.
The work environment characteristics described here and representative of those that may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this position.
The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. The employee is subject to noise sufficient to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. There is also exposure to various physical hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electric current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
The employee is subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists. There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
Close mental, audio, and visual attention required for controlling machines or processes at a rapid pace requiring close coordination and fine adjustment. AND/OR handling multiple strategies, strategic & tactical planning.
Ability to respond to common inquiries from employees/key work partners. Ability to effectively present information to internal personnel.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.