LOCATION: 101 COLUMBUS STREET, AUBURN, NEW YORK 13021
Coordinate, monitor and maintain the financial and accounting activities of Currier Plastics Inc. and affiliated companies with common ownership.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Additional duties may be assigned)
Oversee the accurate and complete recording of transactions within the general ledger. Related tasks include but are not limited to:
Manage the activities and professional development of the Controller and Senior Accountant. This involves assigning tasks that are appropriate for individuals’ skills set and leading an organized, effective team that:
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a periodic basis.
- Analyze fluctuations and trends in accounts
- Payroll processing.
- Processing accounts payable.
- Cash disbursements related to vendor invoices and debt payments.
- Sending invoices to customers.
- Collection of accounts receivable and cash application.
- Accumulating documentations related to fixed asset purchases.
- Transactions related to non-component purchases and sales
- Necessary journal entries.
- Publishes Box Score on a weekly basis and KRM on a monthly basis.
- Issues internal financial statements.
- Provides deliverables (debt covenant calculations) to lender(s.)
- Meets expectations for non-routine tasks, including but not limited to audit requests, grant applications, tax filings (Form W-2’s, Form 1099’s, BAR filing, etc.) reporting required by third-parties (RechargeNY, Empire State Development, etc.)
- Understands the needs of other departments and address their requests (related to, information, supplies, internal meetings, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Has an appropriate level of training on the IT platforms required to perform their assigned tasks (Epicor and Microsoft Office applications.
Develop, improve, and/or maintain a variety of financial models that facilitate the analysis of financial data. Such frameworks include but are not limited to:
- Annual Projection
- Machine Rates
- Breakeven Calculations
- Activity-Based Quoting
Contribute to a variety of other projects as needed, including but not limited to:
- Corporate structure and succession planning.
- Renewing and/or requesting bids for Company insurance policies.
- Company valuations.
- Implementation of new and/or upgraded IT platforms.
- Opportunities for increased electronic workflow.
- Merger & Acquisition opportunities.
Manage cash flows, which involves but is not limited to:
- Establishing a cash reserve for purposes of distributions and tax liabilities.
- Monitoring the outstanding balance and available balance of several lines of credit and communicating such balances to affected individuals on a timely basis.
- Facilitating the execution of leases.
Facilitate annual financial statement audit, which includes but is not limited to:
- Addressing auditor requests/questions timely with minimal disruption to normal department activity.
- Preparing financial statement schedules and footnotes.
- Distributing deliverables to intended parties and addressing any questions.
Directly supervise Controller and Senior Accountant. Oversee the delegation of accounting-related tasks to interns/co-op students, as needed. Supervisory responsibilities include instructing and training in work methods; planning, scheduling and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; making effective recommendations regarding hiring, salary adjustments and promotions; and determining disciplinary actions regarding unsatisfactory employees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field is required.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in public accounting, preferably combined with private accounting experience.
- Experience in manufacturing and/or distribution industry preferred.
- Experience in supervising at least two direct reports.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Employee must also annually complete 24 hours of CPE (Continuing Professional Education.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
- Promote the Quality Improvement Process.
- Possess superior leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellence in interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and making effective presentations to internal and external top management officials.
- Proficiency in general accounting functions including monthly, quarterly, year-end closing, preparation of general ledger tax reports, forecasts, and cash flow projections.
- Skills in business and financial planning.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to financial discussions and address company needs in a proactive manner.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES AND SOFTWARE USED:
This position requires the regular use of general office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, printer, copier, fax machine, and telephone.
Computer Software: Microsoft Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
Safety requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, eye protection when on the production floor and in the tool room. Employees must follow any additional safety requirements as posted in specific job areas.
Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing data and figures, performing accounting work, using computer terminal, and reading.
Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Ability to sit for extended periods of time, walk for long distances, talk, hear, reach, and use fingers to grasp and perform repetitive motions.
Ability to read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
There is no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Work is performed in a typical office work environment with occasional outside travel.