CURRIER PLASTICS, INC.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
LOCATION: 101 COLUMBUS STREET, AUBURN, NEW YORK 13021
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is focused on helping the organization communicate and leverage the Currier Plastics brand through superior organizational skills and exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Timing of responses and documentation accuracy are critical.
The CSR plays an important role in creating and maintaining a positive company experience with the internal team at Currier Plastics and with the client by managing and clearly communicating expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Customer Price/Inventory Management including the following action items, but not limited to:
- Revise and release customer price lists on a regular basis (monthly and or quarterly)
- Update part price in ERP systemand update Sales Orders accordingly
- Updateand send Inventory Reports to customers
- Enter releases on SOs based on customer shipment request
- Process requests from customerwith internal processes
- Coordinate color samples requests with Supply Chain
- Send open order reports to customer upon request
- Attend and advise customer priorities at Scheduling Meetings
Customer Order Review:
Be the main point of contact for customer purchase orders. Will include orders for production parts, tooling, and automation. Tooling could be new or repair/modification.
- Reviewing POs for accuracy& determine acceptability of PO requirements before entering ERP system
- Send order acknowledgements to customers
- Monitor open orders/blanket orders for timelinessof manufacture; release and communicate status of orders as needed
- Assist with sample request process, coordinating with operations scheduling and quality department review
Be the main point of contact for customers to contact for complaints and responsible for gathering the required information to help the organization respond in an effective manner. The CSR will manage the process internally and follow through to ensure a timely response to the client.
- Assume control of house accounts, initiating customer contact in a pro-active manner to conduct routine follow up on products providedand to encourage and obtain additional business
Develop and monitor key performance metrics for Business Development team. The KPM’s will be used to identify and improve operational efficiencies and customer engagement. These KPM’s will be published weekly and presented at Box Score’s KRM meeting:
- Customer satisfaction
- On time delivery
- Monthly revenue projections
Associate Degree with experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred, as is experience with ERP systems such as Epicor, SAP, or other ERP systems.
Five (5) years of experience in customer service, especially in the plastics industry, considered a plus.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience in customer service will be considered.
The successful candidate will be required to complete two weeks of process/product training provided by the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Promote the Quality Improvement Process.
- Possess excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Possess superior attention to detail.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Ability to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to use fingers for activities such as typing and ability to stoop. Ability to talk and hear.
Ability to use general office equipment.
SAFETY, PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Safety requirements for this position include but are not limited to eye protection when on the production floor and in the tool room. Employees must follow any additional safety requirements as posted in specific job areas.
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
Moderate mental and visual attention required for performing office work.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general reference periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of department heads and managers, clients, and members of the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to interpret bar graphs.