LOCATION: 101 COLUMBUS STREET, AUBURN, NEW YORK 13021
The Cell Engineer is responsible for the continuous improvement of efficiencies in the assigned Manufacturing Cell. Identify and implement engineering solutions for process, tool, and machinery and automation performance improvement. Develop cost effective and reliable innovative solutions for new and existing designs and ensure the successful sampling, qualification and production start of all new tools/processes in assigned Manufacturing Cell.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Additional duties may be assigned)
• Identification and implementation of areas of measurable improvement in process performance (Continuous Process Improvement) and manufacturability in assigned Manufacturing Cell. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Responsible for all equipment, processes and product quality in assigned Cell. Through innovation and implementation of scientific molding, automation and technology, improve the overall efficiencies, safety and quality of operations to improve manufacturing processes and meet established goals.
• Sample and qualify all new tooling and processes to ensure they produce to the customer’s requirements and meet operational performance goals. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
At the direction of the BM Engineering Manager, work with potential or existing customers in defining operational requirements and specifications that ensures the establishment of robust processes and provides value to the customer and CPI.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDS:
• Minimum of a 2-year degree or 10 years’ experience in plastics or related technical field, working knowledge of all Molding processes/equipment and computer skills (proficiency in word, excel, and Microsoft Outlook, Epicor ERP system is required).
• Two-year technical degree in plastics or related technical field and training in Injection Molding, Blow Molding, and Assembly operations is preferred.
• Equivalent combinations of education and/or experience will be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a
professional, timely, and accurate manner.
• Promote the Quality Improvement Process.
• Computer proficiency including world processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating
reports using standard software applications.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Excellent attention to detail.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and
analyzing data and figures, performing accounting work, using computer terminal, and/or
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arms
and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for
Ability to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach,
use fingers. Ability to pull, push and lift objects. Ability to grasp and feel.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES & SOFTWARE USED:
Ability to use general office equipment including computer, printer, copier, telephone, fax
machine; and other equipment including digital camera, saws, sand blaster, surface grinder,
lathe, mill machine, and various hand tools.
SAFETY, PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Safety requirements for this position include but are not limited to eye protection when on the
production floor and in the tool room. Employees must follow any additional safety requirements
as posted in specific job areas.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that may be
encountered while performing the essential functions of this position.
The employee is occasionally subject to noise sufficient to cause one to shout in order to be
heard above the ambient noise level. There is also exposure to various physical hazards, oils
and atmospheric conditions which may affect the respiratory system or the skin.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports,
and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints from clients,
regulatory agencies, or members of the general public. Ability to write speeches and articles for
publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information
to internal and external top management.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical interference, and
fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical.