LOCATION: 101 COLUMBUS STREET, AUBURN, NEW YORK 13021
Responsible for sourcing materials, negotiating costs, updating ERP system, ensuring accurate lead-times, and maintaining positive supplier relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ensures the company’s commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy
• Places and administers purchase orders with suppliers for goods/services.
• Track and evaluate supplier delivery performance relative to quality, delivery, service and cost utilizing the Vendor Rating System.
• Evaluates potential supply sources/develops supplier selection/evaluation/certification processes. Assists with supplier audits.
• Develops/implements cost-savings ideas with suppliers and initiates cost-savings/avoidance reports on individual purchases for monthly departmental reports.
• Works with internal and external partners to obtain pricing for new projects through formal RFP packages.
• Consults, regularly, with Production to understand material needs and provide forecasts to suppliers.
• Creates and maintains new material requests in ERP system.
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
• Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
• 2+ years’ experience in purchasing or supply management
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Contract negotiating experience
• Experience in Epicor or similar ERP system is preferred
The Buyer has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Exerting up to 25 pounds of force and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and
all other sedentary criteria are met. Ability to reach, use fingers, grasp, feel and perform repetitive motions. Ability to talk and hear.
Ability to use Forklift, Scissor Lift, and general office equipment.
SAFETY, PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Safety requirements for this position include, but are not limited to eye protection and hearing protection when on the production floor and in the tool room. Employee must
follow any additional safety requirements as posted in specific job areas.
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing data and figures, performing accounting work, using computer
terminal, and/or extensive reading.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general reference periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports,
correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of department heads and managers, clients and
members of the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as
interest, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to interpret graphs and blue prints.