LOCATION: 101 COLUMBUS STREET, AUBURN, NY 13021
Work with new and existing customers to develop new business and effectively manage existing
business for the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Conduct regular and focused sales activity for the Company including, but not limited to:
- Researching and investigating potential new accounts; building a customer profile to outline the prospect/customer
- Making sales calls to potential new accounts to develop new business opportunities and present quotes with primary focus on packaging segments
- Generate Request for Quotations (RFQ) for new opportunities, this includes providing details on user inputs that are critical to developing a technical quotation.
- Develop new business accounts with packaging prospects.
- Managing existing business and develop new opportunities with these accounts.
- Reviews customer documentation; business plans, manufacturing agreements and contracts.
Provide verbal and written reports on prospecting, call logs and new business pipeline using the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and other written content like business case presentations for capital expenditures.
- Responsible for hitting territory sales targets annually, new and existing business
- Responsible in providing monthly and annual account sales forecast
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, in all aspects of business engagement
- Keeps management informed of changing market conditions within the region
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Promote the Quality Improvement Process/Lean culture in customer facing decisions.
- Maintain awareness of new trends, opportunities, and markets through self-education.
- Complete required process steps and documentation within ISO 13485 quality system.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Business Management/Engineering a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience related to sales and business development with a history of success
- Exposure to the injection and/or extrusion blow molding processes and engineering is preferred.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, self-starter, requires little supervision.
- Possess and maintain a valid and clean driver’s license.
- Able to successfully complete Currier Plastics Business Development Playbook training.
The position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arms and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the employee sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work
Ability to sit, stand and walk for sustained periods of time. Acute speaking and listening is imperative for communication with the customer.
Ability to operate general office equipment.
Proficiency in MS Office tools like Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. CRM software
SAFETY, PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Safety requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, eye protection when on the production floor and in the tool room, hair nets and coats in production areas. Employees must follow any additional safety requirements as posted in specific job areas.
The employee is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions: activities occur inside and outside.
MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and
analyzing data and figures, performing accounting work, using computer terminal, AND/OR extensive
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the public. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management of own organization or outside organizations.
Ability to Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, use units of measure, fractions, and decimals, calculate interest, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry and interpret bar graphs.