LOCATION: 101 COLUMBUS STREET, AUBURN, NY 13021
Handle inbound and outbound freight. Daily operation of warehouse functions. Work closely with Warehouse Coordinator and Shipping/Receiving Coordinator to ensure safety, accuracy and organization in a fast paced warehouse setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Load and Unload Freight in accordance with procedures
- Remove finished goods and materials from the production floor/conveyors
- Arrange finished goods and materials in row/rack locations (using FIFO method)
- Weigh, count & return raw materials
- Replace broken/leaning skids, damaged boxes etc.
- Issue materials to the floor as needed
- Complete forklift log books daily/shift
- Deliver UPS/FedEx packages to correct department/location
- Maintain clean warehouse (sweeping, wiping down surface areas etc)
- Maintain inventory accuracy
- Ensure all materials are tagged according to procedure
- Receive packing slips into ERP system
- Inventory Transfer transactions in ERP system
- File BOL & Packing Slip paperwork as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Promote the Quality Improvement Process.
- ERP experience & ability to learn scanning system
High School Diploma or GED required. Certification to operate a forklift is also required/preferred.
The Warehouse Operator does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 55 pounds of force frequently. Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach are required. Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. Ability to walk for long distances. Ability to push, pull and lift objects. Ability to use fingers, talk and hear.
Ability to use forklift, pallet wrapper, banding machine, weigh scales, dock levelers, computer, copier, typewriter, and FAX machine.
SAFETY, PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Safety requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, eye protection when on the production floor and in the tool room. Employees must follow any additional safety requirements as posted in specific job areas.
The employee is subject to inside and/or outside environmental conditions.
The employee is sometimes subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such proximity to moving mechanical parts, electric current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
The employee is occasionally subject to noise sufficient to cause one to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. There is also exposure to various physical hazards, oils and atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases.
MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
Moderate mental and visual attention required for performing manual work that requires decisions to detect and adjust for variance from proper operation. AND/OR Operate mobile equipment in congested areas or involving considerable variety of movement.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, members of the general public or employees of the organization. Ability to speak effectively before groups of people or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to interpret graphs.