LOCATION: 101 COLUMBUS STREET, AUBURN, NEW YORK 13021
Lead and facilitate the development and execution of all purchasing activities. This is to include negotiation contracts, setting up new products, and qualifying Suppliers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Conduct analysis of program policies and procedures
- Document standards for supplier quality, delivery performance (order lead time, on-time in-full, accuracy, over/short and damage), method and timely resolution of problems.
- Develop and Evaluate new policies/procedures regarding procurement process
- Develop standard RFP and standard sourcing process or commodity supplies
- Negotiate contracts and pricing on materials, supplies, etc.
- Work with Business Development to establish new products and readiness for manufacturing
- Review purchasing habits to provide the most economical and practical purchasing practices
- Manage material requirements and ensure adequate supply
- Assist the development of Epicor MRP functionality and conduct MRP
- Process account applications and maintenance actions
- Develop relationships with Suppliers to extend current and future market reach
- Coordinate daily duties of procurement support staff
- Manage MRO inventory and value
- Responsible for setting up new BOMs within ERP
- Manage Purchasing/Requisition flow through ERP
- Act as a backup to the Warehouse and Logistics Manager
- Document Engineering Change Order (ECO) process for changing products in BOLs.
- Assist in determining and developing low cost sourcing consistent with quality, reliability and ability to meet schedules
- Develop alternative supplier sources of critical materials
- Order direct materials and packaging components. Maintain purchasing records.
- Ensure suppliers comply with pallet build, label and labeling specifications.
- Lead development of identification numbers consistent with default methods in ERP system.
- Work with inventory management and scheduling to ensure sufficient, but not excessive materials are on hand.
- Work with warehousing to design unit loads that minimize space required to store purchased supplies.
Supervise the activities of the MRO Coordinator.
Minimum Qualifications Standards:
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools.
- Minimum 5 years working in Supply Chain in a Purchasing/Buying role.
- Experience managing Suppliers and negotiating best rates.
- Available for 24 hr. assistance if needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Promote the Continuous Improvement Process (V2) using lean and GMP practices.
- Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
- Ability to professionally handle stressful/challenging situations.
- Ability to motivate people, assess, and develop employee skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
Equipment, machines and Software used:
Ability to understand general office equipment, ERP Systems, and Quality impacts the production floor.
Safety Equipment: Safety requirements for this position include, but are not limited to eye protection when on the production floor and in the tool room. Employees must follow any additional safety requirements in specific job areas.
Close mental, audio, and visual attention required for controlling machines or processes at a rapid pace requiring close coordination and fine adjustment. AND/OR handling multiple strategies, strategic & tactical planning.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand and walk. Ability to reach, pull, push and lift objects. Ability to use fingers, grasp, feel and perform repetitive motions. Ability to talk and hear.
Ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints from employees/key work partners. Ability to effectively present information to internal personnel.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The work environment characteristics described here and representative of those that may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this position.
The employee is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. The employee is subject to noise sufficient to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level. There is also exposure to various physical hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electric current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
The employee is subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists. There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Download Job Description