LOCATION: 101 COLUMBUS STREET, AUBURN, NY 13021
Operate blow/injection molding and auxiliary equipment including packaging quality parts through the use of visual aids, job instructions, and work instructions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Operate auxiliary equipment, inspect and pack parts including, but not limited to:
• Monitoring production machines and visually inspect product
• Visually inspecting parts
• Grinding moils, tails, runners
• Monitoring grinders and empty as needed
• Operate auxiliary equipment such as trimmers, leak checks, autocase sensors, baggers, de-gaters, etc.
• Perform operating tasks according to the 6S & JI training program
Package parts including, but not limited to:
• Make boxes for all machines, as needed, and ensure that boxes are made for the beginning of the next shift
• Prepare labels for boxes
• Wrap skids as needed
• Properly labeling and loading skids for shipping per work instructions
• Perform packaging tasks according to the 6S & JI training program
Record any production data and/or complete final production paperwork.
Perform QA audits and notify lead operator or supervisor if necessary.
Perform other duties to ensure effective and efficient operations including, but not limited to:
• Communicate problems and concerns to oncoming operator
• Relieving and assisting other operators
• Cleaning / housekeeping
A High school diploma or a GED is required.
Previous work experience directly related to the position is not a requirement but is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner
• Promote the Quality Improvement Process
• Understand customer part requirements and usage
• Must be able to keep up pace with machines
• Must be able to recognize machine malfunctions and get assistance
• Must be able to fill out proper forms as needed (Accurate and legible)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Medium work: Exerting up to 55 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach. Ability to sit and stand, particularly for extended periods of time. Ability to push, pull and lift objects. Ability to use fingers, grasp, feel and perform repetitive motions. Ability to talk and hear.
Ability to use blow molding auxiliary equipment. Ability to use hand truck, wrapper, automatic loading systems, etc.
Ability to use general office equipment.
SAFETY, PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND GEAR REQUIREMENTS:
Safety requirements for this position include, but are not limited to eye protection and hearing protection when on the production floor and in the tool room.
Employees must follow any additional safety requirements as posted in specific job areas.
The employee is subject to noise sufficient noise to cause the employee to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
The employee is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such proximity to moving mechanical parts, electric current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
The employee is subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
Light mental and visual attention required for performing work where there is some variety but actions taken and decisions made are limited to few possibilities. Work requires some coordination with others.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.